The Cape Cod Commission is hosting the annual OneCape Summit at the Wequassett Resort on July 29th and 30th , 2019. Consistent with years past, the Summit provides an opportunity for a regionwide conversation on the unique intersections of Cape Cod’s environment and economy. This year will explore the natural, built, and community systems of Cape Cod and ongoing efforts to become a more resilient region.
The Commission is seeking proposals for presentations that address one or more of the following topics:
• Water quality and wastewater management, including pilot projects, innovative/alternative systems, financing, and policy solutions
• Local climate change mitigation and adaptation and/or coastal resiliency efforts
• Creative placemaking and planning for vibrant and sustainable communities, including economic development, affordable housing, and community design projects and initiatives
D E T A I L S
Presentations may be in one of two formats, a full-length or a lightning talk. Full-length presentations should promote best practices and share lessons applicable to Cape Cod. Lightning talks may highlight accomplishments, ideas, grassroots projects, or lessons learned that may move the needle on Cape Cod’s regional challenges.
S U B M I S S I O N
Proposals are due June 1, 2019. Proposals should be no longer than 1 page in length, and should be sent to Jennifer Clinton, Special Projects Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in the proposal:
• Presentation title and presenter(s), including name,title, affiliation, and email address
• Proposed length of session (lightning talk is 8 minutes or less; presentation is 15-20 minutes)
• Brief overview of the proposed presentation, and what you intend for the audience to learn. Share any transferable lessons that can be used across Cape Cod and beyond (150 words or less)
• Speaker bio (100 words or less)
Presentations will be evaluated based on:
• How well the presentation addresses the conference themes and current planning challenges