You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns. Please be aware of the following policies for this site:
- This is a moderated forum. Comments may be posted by registered users of the site. The Cape Cod Commission will only post ideas and comments from participants over 13 years of age that relate to topics on the specific post subject matter.
- The Cape Cod Commission will review all ideas and comments before posting them.
- Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be posted as early as possible the next business day.
- The Cape Cod Commission will not post comments or suggestions that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- The Cape Cod Commission will not post comments or suggestions that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the idea or comment being removed.
- Communications made through the site’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Cape Cod Commission or any official or employee of the Cape Cod Commission for any purpose.
- Any comments or information for a Development of Regional Impact under review by the Cape Cod Commission must be submitted to the DRI record for consideration. Any comments or information that refer to a Development of Regional Impact under review will be redirected to the public record for that DRI by the moderator and will not be posted.
- The content of all comments and suggestions are released into the public domain. Do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.
- • Personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers will be removed from comments by the moderator before they are posted.
- The Cape Cod Commission does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right not to post comments that do not adhere to these standards.
- We have enabled the social networking functions that allow site visitors to “Like” pages on Facebook or easily re-Tweet information on Twitter. Visitors to the site can see who has Tweeted about the page, if the Tweets are public. However, site visitors can only see which of their Facebook friends have liked page. Visitors cannot see any information about people they are not already friends with on Facebook. The Cape Cod Commission does not collect or have access to any of this personal information.
- The Cape Cod Commission will make best efforts to review comments and suggestions and post them as quickly as possible.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the The Cape Cod Commission Communications Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions to this site as comments or suggestions. Media questions or comments will not be posted. The Cape Cod Commission Communications office can be reached at 508-362-3828
Cape Cod Commission staff manages this site as a portal for information from Commission and related agencies. However, information posted to this site is not official policy of the Cape Cod Commission and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at the Cape Cod Commission. For contact information at the Cape Cod Commission, please check www.capecodcommission.org
Records Retention Law
Please note, that Records Retention Law of the Commonwealth requires the Cape Cod Commission to preserve records created or received by a Commission employee. Pursuant to this retention requirement comments posted or messages received via an official Commission page on a third-party web-site (such as an official agency profile on a social network) will be treated as governmental records and may be permanently archived. Information that you submit voluntarily through social media sites associated with this agency where such information is publicly available, including your name, city or town, and the substance of anything that you post may be disseminated further by being posted online at this website or publicly discussed.